QR Code Link to This Post
We are IvyStarter Education / MDWaiJiao, a training school that focuses on 1-on-1, tailored lessons for students aged 3-16. Our students are primarily focused on learning English, but we also help students prepare for entrance into international and bilingual schools in Shanghai.
Why Choose Us?
We were started by former teachers, so we aim to provide our teachers with the most stress-free and effective teaching environment. Many training centers just throw you into a new class with no direction (or materials). We promise this will never happen. We provide all of our teachers with plenty of lesson material, planning advice, and a network of teaching assistants always ready to help.
You will teach classes at our center near ZhongShan Park or JingAn Temple (both Line 2).
Almost all of our classes are 1-on-1 OR 1-on-4, small group sessions using material and curriculum developed by IvyStarter Education or other large education publishers. These students range from absolute beginners to almost fluent but are all looking to improve their English for school (or sometimes work).
As a tutor in IvyStarter, you are not just a teacher, but also a cultural ambassador. All of our students are interested in learning about your country's culture in addition to your mother tongue. Because of this, the tutoring sessions can often feel like chatting with a friend, rather than a rigidly structured class.
Working Time Overview
• 5 days per week (3 weekdays + weekends)
• Afternoons and evenings on weekdays / Full day on the weekend
• Consecutive days off
• No more than 25 hours of teaching per week
Pay and Benefits
• Total Salary: 20,000 – 25,000 RMB / month (based on experience and after-tax)
• Full working visa (Z)
• Inpatient health and accident insurance
• Competitive Completion and Re-Sign Bonuses
• Native speaker of English
• Friendly and presentable
• Plan to stay in Shanghai for at least 12 months
• Previous experience in teaching group classes is preferred